Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Energetic Bank Account

Sometimes making the time for self care can be hard. There is always an excuse to leave it for later.  But I'm realizing that it is a commitment that I must make for myself so I don't loose my mind. It is so true that first we must take care of ourselves so we than can give to others, our family and then community.  Too often we are doing everything for our kids, our kids schools, our work, our neighbors, our spouses.  And we wonder why we are tired.

Today I heard from one of my many favorite clients a great way to make it more of a conscious effort to take care of myself. She suggested to take an empty check book register and start writing down things I do for myself, "deposits" and things that I do for others "withdraws". It is not even important to write down dates or anything too specific just making sure to balance my energetic bank account and even better always have 1 more deposit activity than withdraw activity to ensure the dreaded bankrupt account!  I thought that was a great suggestion and a way to be mindful to make the time for myself.  It doesn't always have to be big deposits that even the smallest effort can yield big rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment